It’s easy to overlook and take for granted the good things our dads pour into our lives—provision, leadership, protection, a godly example. But Father’s Day is a time to reflect and say thank you to our dads, pastors, teachers, and leaders who have fathered us and impacted our lives in many ways. June 15th is right around the corner, and here are some of our favorite Father’s Day Christian movie picks!
Our Top 5 Fathers Day Christian Movies!
1) Grace Unplugged – This film took me by surprise when it came out recently, showing not just a lot of truth, but a tremendous heart. It tells the story of a talented teenage daughter and her journey of faith, fame, and being fathered by a once-famous dad whose shadow falls on her every decision. Will Gracie make the choices her dad wants? Will she hear above the noise the voice of her Heavenly Father calling? We loved this movie and think it’s a great family film!
2) Courageous – This movie came out a couple of years ago but is still making ripples in the Christian film industry. From our favorite producers that brought us “Facing the Giants” and “Fireproof,” this film doesn’t disappoint with a story of honor, faith, and fatherhood that will bring you to tears, and maybe even your knees. A powerful story of what it means to be a father.
3) Faith Like Potatoes – This is a personal favorite of our family, and we have watched it over and over again, crying every time and then rushing out and buying a copy of the DVD for a friend who hasn’t seen it yet. Based on the inspiring true story of a crop-farmer-turned-evangelist in South Africa, you will be moved by this story’s simple and powerful truths and victories. A great Christian family film, filled with missional virtues.
4) The Perfect Game – This little-known film tells the true story of an unsung baseball coach whose small-town little league team holds firmly to their faith—in 1957 Mexico. As he coaches the underdog sandlot team, he realizes that they are helping him as much as he is them. I really enjoyed this movie, because it reminded me not only of my own dad teaching me to “keep my eye on the ball,” but how I’ve been “coached” my whole life from pastors, leaders, teachers, and dads who have impacted me in so many ways.
5) Monumental – This film produced and created by Kirk Cameron is a historical documentary that comes alive. He tells the story of not just our American history at the core—from the days of the Pilgrims to the modern day—but of the truths from God’s Word and Divine Providence that framed our society. A beautiful, heartfelt and patriotic tribute to our country’s founding fathers who laid the ground work for us to raise our families with a heart that is loyal to both King and Country.
Latest posts by Jennifer Konetes (see all)
- The Song | Christian Movie Review - September 26, 2014
- Top 5 Father’s Day Christian Films - June 4, 2014
- 6 Christian Movies That Are Perfect For Mother’s Day! - April 29, 2014